The coronavirus crisis has nearly halted the local economy — including media advertising. That means local, independent news organizations such as ours must fight for our own survival while continuing to provide critical news and information as a public service during this unprecedented situation. If you believe local reporting is important and you're able to lend support during this pandemic, click here for info on making a tax-deductible donation.
Brian Boyd, Editor, Shore Publishing/Zip06.com
To make updates to your Zip06 account or requets changes to your newspaper delivery, please choose an option below.
If you have an account, please login! If you don't have an account, you can create one.
A Zip06 account will allow you to post to the online calendar, contribute to News From You, and interact with the Zip06 community. It's free to sign-up!Click here to get started!
We're happy you've decided to join the Zip06 community. Please fill out this short registration form to begin sharing content with your neighbors.
We can help! Enter the email address registered to your account below to have your password emailed to you.
Fill out the form below to email this story to a friend×
The North Haven Courier publishes a Police Incident Report to inform residents of incidents, criminal activities, and police responses occurring in town. As those charged are presumed innocent until proven guilty, the report does not include names. It may be edited for space and content.
Wednesday, Jan. 30
• A 33 year-old woman of Bishop Street was arrested at 10:11 a.m. and charged with larceny in the fifth degree.
Thursday, Jan. 31
• A 35 year-old woman of Bronx, New York was arrested at 2:47 p.m. and charged with illegal possession of a narcotic, use or possession of drug paraphernalia, charging less than $500 on a revoked credit card, criminal impersonation, forgery in the first degree, interfering with an officer/resisting arrest, and criminal attempt to commit larceny in the third degree.
• A 20 year-old Hamden man was arrested at 1:48 p.m. on a warrant charging him with failure to appear in the second degree.
Friday, Feb. 1
• A 42 year-old North Branford man was arrested at 9:30 p.m. and charged with operating a motor vehicle while under license or registration suspension, reckless driving, evading responsibility in the operation of a motor vehicle (fleeing the scene of an accident in which there was property damage or bodily injury), and using a motor vehicle without permission.
Saturday, Feb. 2
No arrests were made.
• A 27 year-old New Haven man was issued a misdemeanor summons at 7:38 p.m. for operating a motor vehicle without insurance and failure to obey a traffic control signal.
Sunday, Feb. 3
• A 66 year-old man of Mikeys Way was arrested at 9 a.m. and charged with breach of peace in the second degree.
• A 42 year-old woman and a 46 year-old woman of the same Stanton Road residence were arrested at 4:02 p.m. Each party was charged with disorderly conduct.
Monday, Feb. 4
No arrests were made.
• A 31 year-old North Branford woman was issued a misdemeanor summons at 3:37 p.m. for evading responsibility in the operation of a motor vehicle (fleeing the scene of an accident in which where was property damage or bodily injury).
Tuesday, Feb. 5
• A 46 year-old Wallingford woman was arrested at 7:51 p.m. and charged with driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs and failure to maintain the proper lane of a multiple lane highway.
From Jan. 30 to Feb. 5, North Haven police issued two citations to motorists for failure to obey a control signal, failure to register a commercial vehicle, and traveling unreasonably fast. One citation was issued for each of the following: failure to obey a stop sign, using a hand-held cell phone while driving, operating an unregistered motor vehicle, failure to renew registration, failure to maintain the proper lane of a multiple lane highway, failure to grant right of way, and failure to wear a seat belt in the front seat.
Senior correspondent Jason J. Marchi compiles the Police Incident Report.
Get ready to celebrate the holidays with our helpful guide
The 2020 Member Directory and Town Guide for Branford, Guilford, North Branford, and Northford has arrived!