This is a printer-friendly version of an article from Zip06.com.Article Published March 7, 2019
Winners of the 2018 Shoreline Chamber of Commerce awards were recognized on Feb. 21 at the organization’s annual Dinner and Awards Celebration held at Amarante’s Sea Cliff in New Haven.
Nominations from local organizations and individuals were submitted for consideration in categories including Community Service, Tourism, Volunteer of the Year, Employer of the Year, Small Business of the Year, New Business of the Year, and a Special Board of Directors Award.
The Shoreline Chamber of Commerce award winners were:
• Community Service Award—John Saville, John Saville Entertainment Co.
• Tourism Award—Brian McGlone, Town of Guilford
• Volunteer of the Year Award—Peter Sikes, Shoreline Pixels
• Special Board of Directors Award—Laura Burban, Executive Director, Dan Cosgrove Animal Shelter
• Employer of the Year—East River Energy
• Small Business of the Year—Branford Academy of Hair & Cosmetology
• New Business of the Year—Pressed and Dressed
“The winners of the Shoreline Chamber of Commerce Awards represent a terrific collection of individuals and businesses from the local communities we serve,” said Shoreline Chamber of Commerce President Sheri Cote.