Best on the Shoreline!
It's time to nominate your favorites for the 2021 Best on the Shoreline Awards!
• The following area students were named to the Mercy High School Third Quarter Honor Roll:
Chester: Sophia Nankee, 2021, Honors; and Harper Sanford, 2021, High Honors
Deep River: Kelsey Caramanica, 2019, High Honors; and Grace Novak, 2021, Honors
Essex: Maeve Garrity, 2019, Honors; Julia Jenkins, 2019, High Honors; Anna Monaco, 2019, High Honors; and Siena Petrolle, 2019, Honors
• The following Xavier High School students were named to the honor roll for the third quarter:
Chester: Joseph Lallier, grade 9, High Honors; William Lallier, grade 11, High Honors; Kevin Monaghan, grade 11, High Honors; Zih Sian O, grade 9, Honors; and Maxwell Schroeder, grade 11, Honors.
Deep River: Nicholas Salemi, grade 11, Honors
Essex: Simon Collins, grade 9, High Honors; Zachary Dolan, grade 10, High Honors; Samuel Rector, grade 9, High Honors; Matthew Zablocki, grade 11, High Honors; Maxwell Gibson, grade 11, Honors; Bryce Hammen, grade 12, Honors; William Heher, grade 10, Honors; and Michael McCauley, grade 9, Honors
• Kristin Lemley of Chester was been named to the Emerson College Dean’s List for the Spring 2019 semester. Lemley is majoring in marketing communications. The requirement to make Emerson’s Dean’s List is a grade point average of 3.7 or higher.
• Deep River resident Kevin Baldwin, a Northeastern University student majoring in mathematics, was recently named to the University’s dean’s list for the spring semester, which ended in April 2019.
• Tucker Aglio of Chester was named to the Dean’s List at Lehigh University in the Spring 2019 semester. Dean’s List status is awarded to students who earned a scholastic average of 3.6 or better while carrying at least 12 hours of regularly graded courses.
• MaryHope Gardner of Deep River has been named to the Assumption College Dean’s List for the spring 2019 semester. To receive recognition, students must earn a grade point average of 3.5 for a five-class, 15-credit semester.
Academic and Extracurricular Activities
• Andrew Scuncio of Essex graduated from the State University of New York Potsdam with a bachelor of arts degree in childhood/early childhood education on May 18.
• Paulina Adams of Chester received a B.A. from Curry College on May 19 in Mansfield, Massachusetts.
• The following area students graduated from the University of New Hampshire in May:
Jillian Cayer of Chester graduated with a BSCIVE in civil engineering.
Taylor Chieffalo of Ivoryton graduated with a B.A. degree in communications.
• Holly Riccitelli of Deep River graduated with a B.S. summa cum laude from St. Lawrence University during Commencement ceremonies held on May 19 in Canton, New York. Riccitelli majored in biology.
• Philip Dee of Essex graduated with a B.S. in marketing from Endicott College on May 25.
• MaryHope Gardner of Deep River received a degree from Assumption College on Sunday, May 12.
Awards and Honors
• Kevin Fasulo and Rachel Dona were the recipients of the Visiting Nurses of the Lower Valley (VNLV) annual scholarship in honor of the late Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Murtha of Essex. The scholarship was awarded on the basis of academic achievement, volunteerism, and motivation. Emphasis is placed on healthcare in the selection process.
• Sophie Spaner of Valley Regional High School was the special recognition winner in the Creative Writing category of the Shoreline Arts Alliance 2019 Scholarships in the Arts Top Talent Award Competition, though which students from the alliance’s 24-town region applied, auditioned, and interviewed for a $1,000 scholarship to continue their education in the arts.
• Madeline Ada Ferrucci of Essex and a member of the Bowdoin College Class of 2021 received the J.B. Sewall Greek Prize at Bowdoin College’s 23rd annual Honors Day on May 8. Ferrucci is a classics and government and legal studies major.