Best on the Shoreline!
It's time to nominate your favorites for the 2021 Best on the Shoreline Awards!
The following students were named to the Xavier High Honor Roll for the third quarter:
Branford: Adam Chasse, 9, High Honors; Alec Pawlowicz, 9, High Honors; Noah Scecina-White, 10, Honors; Samuel Voghell, 10, Honors
North Branford: Marcus Williams, 11, High Honors; Ryan Cadwell, 12, Honors; Andrew Czarnecki, 11, Honors; Bryce Sweetapple, 11, Honors
Northford: Noah Ackerman, 12, High Honors; John Amatrudo, 9, High Honors; Daniel McCormack, 12, High Honors; John Flanagan, 12, Honors; Ben Neubig, 12, Honors
• William Tobin of Northford has been named to the Dean’s List at Paul Smith’s College for the spring 2019 semester. Tobin earned a semester average of 3.3 or higher to receive this distinction.
• Luke Boyle of Branford has been named to the Assumption College Dean’s List for the spring 2019 semester. To receive recognition, students must earn a grade point average of 3.5 for a five-class, 15-credit semester.
Academic and Extracurricular Activities
• Marissa Bale of Northford, the child of Allen E. Bale of Northford and Jacquelyn Baron of Wallingford and a 2015 graduate of North Branford High School, presented the results of her environmental studies capstone project titled, “Finalizing and Completing the Lewiston/Auburn Heritage Trail” at Bates College in April.
• Jessica Giamattei of Branford received a B.S. from Curry College on May 19 in Mansfield, Massachusetts.
• Dr. Taryn E. Mockus, PhD neuroscience, daughter of Edward and Tamre Mockus, recently received two awards at the Penn State College of Medicine Dean’s Graduation Award Ceremony. The awards are Dean’s Award for Scholarly Achievement and Outstanding Scholarship in Neuroscience Research. Dr. Mockus will continue with postdoctoral neuroscience research at Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio.
• The following area students graduated from the University of New Hampshire in May:
Karlee Kessler of Branford graduated magna cum laude with a B.S. in nursing
Natalie Hannabury of Branford graduated with a B.A. in political science
Kara Nardella of Branford graduated with a B.S. in nutrition
Zoe Taylor of Branford graduated with a B.S. in environmental and resource economics
Evan Diaz of Northford graduated with a B.S. in business administration
• Margaret Mary Mirabella of Northford received a B.A. from the College of the Holy Cross on May 24.
• Juliana Castillo of Northford graduated from Colby-Sawyer College with a B.S. in nursing on May. 11. Castillo was a member of the Student Nurses Association.
• The following area students received a degree from Assumption College on Sunday, May 12:
Luke Boyle of Branford
Rachel Ingraham of Branford
Michael Keinz of North Branford
Dante Tomassini of North Branford
Awards and Honors
• Elizabeth Altmannsberger of Branford High School was the special recognition winner in the Visual Arts category of the Shoreline Arts Alliance 2019 Scholarships in the Arts Top Talent Award Competition, through which students from the alliance’s 24-town region applied, auditioned, and interviewed for a $1,000 scholarship to continue their education in the arts.
• Hailey Nelson of Branford received the 2019 Pillar Award and the Traveling Suitcase Award from University of Vermont Fraternity & Sorority Life. A member of Delta Delta Delta Sorority, Nelson was one of five individuals honored for having made a significant impact upon the fraternity and sorority community.
• The following area students were inducted into Gateway Community College’s Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society in May:
James Ezold of Branford
Silas Lourenco-Lang of Branford
Wayne Nolan of Branford
Melanie Tracz of North Branford
Aaron Beisaw of Northford