Best on the Shoreline!
It's time to nominate your favorites for the 2021 Best on the Shoreline Awards!
• The following local students were named to the Mercy High School Third Quarter Honor Roll for the 2018-’19 school year:
Chester: Sophia Nankee, 2021-Honors; and Harper Sanford, 2021-High Honors
Deep River: Kelsey Caramanica, 2019-High Honors; and Grace Novak, 2021-Honors
Essex: Maeve Garrity, 2019-Honors; Julia Jenkins, 2019-High Honors; Anna Monaco, 2019-High Honors; and Siena Petrolle, 2019-Honors
Ivoryton: Lindsy Beebe, 2021-Honors; Rachael Cipolla, 2019-Honors; Skylar Kline, 2022-Honors; and Ava McLachlan, 2019-Honors
• Paige Atkinson of Ivoryton and Thomas Russell of Centerbrook were named to the University of Delaware’s Dean’s List for the spring 2019 semester.
• Cameron Johnson of Deep River was named to the Dean’s List at Bates College in Lewiston, Maine, for the winter semester ending in April 2019. Johnson is a sophomore majoring in psychology and minoring in education and Spanish.
• Brianna O’Brien of Deep River was named to the spring 2019 Dean’s List at American International College in Springfield, Massachusetts. To qualify for the Dean’s List, students must be enrolled full time and achieve a grade point average of 3.3 to 4.0.
• Shay Winslow of Chester was named to the Dean’s List at the University of New Haven in West Haven for the spring 2019 semester. Winslow is pursuing a degree in fine arts in illustration.
• Philip Hartzell of Westbrook was named to the Dean’s List at the University of New Haven in West Haven for the spring 2019 semester. Winslow is pursuing a degree in accounting.
Academic and Extracurricular Activities
• Thomas B. Layton of Chester graduated from Jacksonville State University with a degree in emergency management.
• Andrew Scuncio of Essex earned his bachelor’s degree in childhood/early childhood education from SUNY Potsdam.
• Lily Anderson of Essex graduated cum laude in May with a B.S. in fashion and retail merchandising from Lasell College in Newton, Massachusetts.
• Dakota Dione of Deep River graduated cum laude in May from the University of Vermont with a B.S. in exercise and movement sciences.
• The following area students graduated from Quinnipiac University in Hamden, Connecticut in May:
Emily Brodzinski of Chester graduated with a J.D.
Kate Tucker of Chester graduated with a B.S. in economics.
Jillene Bertolini of Deep River graduated with an MBA.
Liat Levy of Deep River graduated with a master of health science in biomedical sciences.
Meagan Sticht of Deep River graduated with a B.S. in health science studies.
• The following area students graduated from Mercy High School in Middletown in May:
Deep River: Kelsey Caramanica
Essex: Maeve Garrity, Julia Jenkins, Anna Monaco, and Siena Petrolle
Ivoryton: Nicole Bauman, Rachael Cipolla, Sophia Finkeldey, and Ava McLachlan
Awards and Honors
• Paulina Adams of Chester was awarded the Social Justice Award and the Excellence in Women’s and Gender Studies by Curry College in Milton, Massachusetts.
• Madeline Ada Ferrucci of Essex was awarded the J.B. Sewall Greek Prize by Bowdoin College in Maine. Ferrucci is a classics and government and legal studies major and a member of the Class of 2021.
• Isabel Hosley of Chester was named to the President’s List for the spring 2019 semester at Siena College in Loudonville, New York. The President’s List requires a 3.9 grade point average or higher.