Worship Opportunities in Killingworth and Madison
In response to social distancing policies resulting from the COVID-19 outbreak, the following religious organizations have either temporarily closed and shifted to virtual worship services or have reopened and modified onsite services to conform to safety guidelines. To report a change in worship services, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Congregational Church in Killingworth, 273 Route 81. Outdoor worship on the church lawn is now available on Sundays at 10 a.m. Masks and social distancing are required. In the event of light rain, the drive-in church service will be offered at the rear parking lot; a sign will display the radio station so attendees can tune in for the service. During inclement weather or for those who prefer a virtual worship format, Sunday service is available via Zoom or teleconference call. In addition, links to archived sermons are available on the church website. For more information, including an archive of services, or to join a livestream service, visit killingworthchurch.org/sunday-services.
• Living Rock Church of Killingworth, 138 Route 81. The church holds one Sunday service at 10 a.m., both in person and livestreamed on Facebook and YouTube. Due to COVID-19 safety guidelines, seating for the in-person service is limited and tickets are required to attend. Sign-up begins on Monday at 9 a.m. to reserve a seat for the following Sunday. Masks are required and seating capacity is limited. For more information about the guidelines and protocols for in-person service, visit living-rock.org/inperson-services.
• St. Lawrence Parish, 7 Hemlock Drive, Killingworth. Weekday Masses on Tuesday at 7 p.m. and Wednesday through Saturday at 8:30 a.m. have resumed in the church under safety guidelines. Parishioners are required to follow several protocols including wearing masks and maintaining the regular six-feet social distancing policy. In-church Sunday Masses at 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. (livestreamed) have resumed, as well as Saturday vigil Masses at 4 p.m. Note that the dispensation from the Sunday obligation extends until further notice. Livestream Masses will continue until the dispensation is lifted; the Masses will be livestreamed at 10:30 a.m. from St. Lawrence Church. The link to the online Mass is available from the church website. First Friday adoration has resumed in church from 9 a.m. to noon. Recitation of the rosary also takes place from St. Peter and St. Lawrence Catholic Churches every night at 8 p.m. For more information, visit stlawrencechurch.com.
• Christ Chapel, 1185 Durham Road, Madison. In-person Sunday services are at 10 a.m. and also livestreamed to allow continued worship in the community. Past Sunday worship services and sermons are also available online. GriefShare, sponsored by Christ Chapel, continues to be held via Zoom on Sundays, from 1 to 3 p.m. To register for GriefShare, call Joanne Deal, 860-304-5695. For more information on church worship services, including links, visit christchapelcma.org.
• Lutheran Church of Madison, 9 Britton Lane. The church holds in-person services on Saturday at 5 p.m. and Sunday at 10 a.m. The Lutheran Church follows all the health protocols of wearing masks, designated seating, social distancing, and no personal contact. In addition, past sermons are available on the church website. For more information, call 203-245-4145 or visit LutheranChurchofMadison.com.
• First Congregational Church, 26 Meetinghouse Lane, Madison. Sunday worship services at 10 a.m. have resumed in the Meetinghouse. In-person worship service is limited, and those who are interested in attending in-person worship are asked to register by emailing worshipatFCCMad@gmail.com by Friday. The first Sunday of every month is Communion Sunday. For those worshipping in person, the church will be providing elements but, as always, worshippers are welcome to bring their own. Online Sunday worship is accessible at 10 a.m. via Facebook Live, the church’s YouTube channel, or on Madison Public Access TV at noon or 10 p.m. In addition, Midweek Breath worship is available on Wednesdays from 7 to 7:30 p.m. on Facebook. To join any of the services, visit facebook.com/fccmadison. For more information, visit fccmadison.org.
• North Madison Congregational Church, 1271 Durham Road. Livestream Sunday worship is offered at 10 a.m. via Facebook or Zoom. Livestream evening prayer service is also available via Facebook on Wednesdays at 9 p.m. To join, visit facebook.com/NoMadUCC. For more information, visit northmadisoncc.org.
• Shoreline Unitarian Universalist Society, 297 Boston Post Road, Madison. Virtual Sunday services are offered at 10:30 a.m. via Zoom. To join, email email@example.com before noon on Friday to request an invitation. Archived sermons are also available on the church website. For more information, visit shorelineunitarian.org.
• St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, 232 Durham Road, Madison. Online Sunday service continues at 10 a.m. via Zoom. To join, visit standrewsmadison.org and click on the link for online worship. For more information, visit standrewsmadison.org.
• St. Margaret Church, 24 Academy Street, Madison. Weekday Masses have resumed in the church under certain guidelines and are celebrated Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday at 7:45 a.m. Weekend Masses have resumed with a modified schedule: Saturday vigil Mass at 4 p.m. and Sunday Mass at 7:30 and 10 a.m. Reservations are no longer required for weekend Masses but will be reimplemented for special Masses or if new state or archdiocesan guidelines dictate a lower capacity for the Masses. Parishioners will be notified if this occurs. Parishioners are also required to follow safety protocols, including wearing masks and maintaining the regular six-feet social distancing policy. Restrooms are available in the church hall. The dispensation from the Sunday obligation has been extended through Pentecost Sunday, May 23. Online Masses via Salt + Light, Catholic TV, or ORTV remain available on the church website. For more information, including the safety guidelines for in-person Mass and links to online Masses, visit stmargaretchurch.com.
• Temple Beth Tikvah, 196 Durham Road, Madison. Most services are fully virtual. Services can be livestreamed or viewed in archive. Beginning in May, some services will be in person on the green at the First Church of Madison. For more information, call 203-245-7028 or visit tbtshoreline.org.